ICO are holding a training day focusing on artists' moving image on Friday 4 March 2016 at Arnolfini in Bristol. Come along and find out more about how you can use artists' moving image at your cinema to diversify your programme and expand your audiences. The course is for programming, marketing and education staff of:
The course offers an accessible and practical introduction to:
- Cinemas, film festivals and film societies who want to start or develop a programme of artists' film
- Cross arts venues and organisations who want to integrate their cinema and gallery more comprehensively
- Galleries and museums interested in forging links with cinemas
- Independent curators working with film and video.
Training Day - Friday 4 March: £25 Training Day plus Screening Weekend - Friday 4, Saturday 5 and/or Sunday 6 March: £35
- Curating: Key approaches and techniques for presenting work
- Audiences: Effective and creative approaches to audience development
- Marketing: Overcoming barriers to audience interest and creating successful promotional materials
- Case studies of successful projects
- Key organisations and potential partners
- Networking opportunities.
The price includes lunch and an evening drinks reception on the training day, Friday 4 March, and entry to all screenings and other events to follow over Saturday 5 & Sunday 6 March as part of the PARALLEL ICO Art + Cinema Weekend
.The deadline for registration is 19 February 2016. For more information and to register please visit ICO's website.