Do you love film and want to gain crucial industry experience? Do you want to work in film but can't see a way to get your first job? ICO are looking to recruit an ambitious trainee for a 9-month paid traineeship with a high-profile cinema in Glasgow.These are the essential attributes for this traineeship:
- Passion for film
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office packages and email
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A desire to learn
- ICO will prioritise applications from these underrepresented groups in the film industry: Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people and those who consider themselves to be disabled. This scheme is delivered under section 37 of the Race Relations Act.
The trainee will undertake an office-based placement in independent exhibition. As well as gaining hands-on experience of working in the film industry, the trainee placement will be enhanced with regular industry insider training to provide the trainee with a comprehensive overview of the industry.About Film Exhibition
Film Exhibition is esentially another term for cinemas and film festivals. The Exhibitor's role in the industry is to select films they want to screen and attract audiences to watch them. They focus on bringing new films to audiences.
This traineeship is based at an independent cinema and your activities may include:
The deadline for applications is Monday 18 January. For more information and to apply please visit ICO's website.
- Liaising with filmmakers and distributors to acquire the rights to screen films;
- Inviting and handling talent attached to films for events held around their screenings, such as Q&As, events and press junkets;
- Researching audience trends and helping develop new audiences for film content;
- Marketing films you have programmed by creating posters, newsletters, webpages and social media posts;
- Developing community outreach programmes and events to better connect to their community and audiences;
- Utilising the latest projection technology to present films to the public in the unique environment of the cinema auditorium.