Whether you work in cinema or festival programming, film curation, film education or specialist film, film marketing or audience development, or you want to in the future, this course is comprehensive and practical and will immeasurably boost your skills and knowledge.
You will learn:
- A complete toolkit for understanding audiences, including increasing access for young people, children, LGBT, disabled and ethnically diverse audiences
- How the film industry works, from key figures, including producers, sales agents, programmers, exhibitors, digital distributors and more
- How to market a film from press campaigns to copy, from social media to offline
- A full knowledge of the technical aspects of film so you can keep the magic of the big screen alive How you can create and build audiences for archive film, artist moving image, international cinema, event cinema and alternative content
- The key details of practical programming: negotiating, securing rights and understanding release windows
The price of the course includes a pass for the ICO Screening Days at BFI Southbank
. The deadline for applications is Tuesday 14 February (12noon). For more information and to apply please visit ICO's website.