Cultural Cinema Exhibition is essential training for anyone who wants to take their film career to the next level. If you work in cinema or festival programming, film curation, artist moving image, film education or specialist film, film marketing or audience development this course is comprehensive and practical and will immeasurably boost your skills and knowledge.
You will learn:
- A complete toolkit for understanding audiences, including increasing access for young people, children, LGBT, disabled and ethnically diverse audiences
- How the film industry works from key figures, including producers, sales agents, programmers, exhibitors, VOD platforms and more
- How to market a film from press campaigns to copy, from social media to offline
- A full knowledge of the technical aspects of film so you can be sure of a superb show every time
- How you can create and build audiences for archive film, artist moving image, international cinema, event cinema and alternative content
- The key details of practical programming: negotiating, securing rights and understanding release windows
The course costs £420 (£350 + VAT) and a limited number of bursaries are available towards fees, travel and accommodation. The deadline to apply is Monday 23 March (12 noon).
For more information and to apply please visit ICO's website.