Do you want to make sure your venue is accessible and welcoming to everyone? Train your staff and improve your venue for FREE so that it is open to all disabled and Deaf audiences. In this one-day workshop, delivered by HearFirst and supported by the British Deaf Association in partnership with BFI Film Audience Network, you will...
The free workshop covers:
- Understand more about different areas of disability.
- Know how to improve service for Deaf/disabled people for your cinema.
- Feel more confident about approaching accessibility and welcoming Deaf/disabled people to your venue.
We will also help you address accessibility with regard to:
- Understanding the different groups in the D/deaf community
- Simulation of deafness Introduction to British Sign Language (BSL)
- Understanding lip reading
- Technologies used by D/deaf people
- Blindness and Partial Sight
- Mental Health Conditions
- Physical Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities
- Your responsibilities as a venue and as staff under the Equality Act 2010
To qualify for training you must be employed by a theatrical cinema venue that hosts regular screenings. Only one member of staff per venue may attend.
For more information and to book your place, please visit ICO’s website.