Film Hub Scotland members are invited to apply for Pitch Pot support to take part in two UK-wide seasons in 2017: LGBT50 and India on Film.
Members can apply for up to £200 per screening, for activity related to the themes from the two seasons. Multiple screenings can be supported.
This is a rolling programme, the deadline for applications is 4 September 2017 and all activity must take place before 20 December 2017.
Please note we do not accept retrospective applications for activity already taking place. Applicants must allow for up to two weeks turnaround for a response.
Programming suggestions for each season can be downloaded below. However, applications are not limited to these titles and other programming suggestions that fit with the themes of LGBT+ culture and Indian film will be welcomed.Download:
Pitch Pot - LGBT50 programming suggestions
Pitch Pot - India on Film programming suggestions
Pitch Pot Guidelines
About the seasons India on Film
India has one of the world's richest and most prolific film industries. 2017 marks the 70th anniversary of Indian independence and throughout the year the BFI and partners are celebrating the diversity of Indian filmmaking and films about India, from Bollywood to Tollywood (home of Telugu and Bengali cinema).
Programming suggestions and booking details can be downloaded above. Please note any Indian film and related activity is eligible for support. LGBT50
The BFI is marking 50 years since a major landmark in human rights – the partial decriminalisation of homosexuality in England and Wales – with a number of screenings and events at BFI Southbank, on BFI Player and in cinemas across the UK. Programming suggestions
and booking details can be downloaded above
. Please note any film and related activity that explores LGBT+ culture is eligible for support. What we can and cannot support What we can support
What we cannot support
- Fees for film licenses
- Marketing & publicity costs including printed leaflets, social media campaigns, Facebook or other social media advertising
- Speaker fees
- Accommodation and travel costs for speakers
- Volunteer expenses
- Event costs for themed evenings
- Venue hire
- Special event licenses from local authorities
- Activity that has already taken place. Awards cannot be made retrospectively.
- Alcohol for parties
- Organisations who are not members of Film Hub Scotland. For details of what membership entails please visit our Membership page.
- Screenings or events not related to the Indian and LGBT+ themes.
How the application process works
- Please download and read the
FHS Pitch Pot Guidelines
. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Proposal Form.
- This is a rolling programme, the deadline for applications is 4 September 2017 and all activity must take place before 20 December 2017.
- Applications must be received a minimum of two weeks prior to the event start time to allow sufficient time to process and consider the application. Applications received less than two weeks before the event start date will not be considered.
- Successful applicants are required to complete basic reporting on completion of activity. This will include asking audience members to take part in a survey, filling in a short self-evaluation form, and providing accurate admissions.
- Reporting must be received within two weeks of completion of activity. Payment will be made upon receipt of the report as standard. However, if you require part payment before activity starts please get in touch with email@example.com.
- Successful applicants are required to acknowledge Film Hub Scotland support on any publicity for the screening or event (print & online). If your application is successful we will send you our branding guidelines and logos. You will need to send marketing materials for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org.