Edinburgh International Film Festival (EIFF), which runs from 21 June – 2 July, is world renowned for discovering and promoting the very best in international cinema - and for heralding and debating changes in global filmmaking.
We’re delighted to team up with EIFF to host events and screenings for exhibitors from Monday 26 – Wednesday 28 June 2017 as part of the Festival’s Industry Programme.
We’re offering you the opportunity to attend a discussion on new models of distribution, networking drinks, preview screenings of four new Scottish titles due for distribution in 2017, and a lunchtime presentation from Scottish producers/filmmakers.
Outline of FHS activity at EIFF 2017
Monday 26 June, Traverse Theatre
- Distribution Rewired: The role of film exhibitors in new models of distribution, 17.00-18.15
With filmmakers and producers exploring new models of distribution and challenging traditional notions of how to build an audience for their films, what is the impact on venues, festivals, exhibitors and audiences? What opportunities are emerging as the gap between filmmakers and cinemas is reduced? What are the issues faced by exhibitors working with DIY distributors? How can the traditional hierarchical distribution system be circumvented to benefit filmmakers and exhibitors alike? Come and hear from filmmakers, exhibitors and folk working in this new paradigm, and join the conversation to share your views and experience.
- BFI Film Audience Network Drinks Reception, 18.30-19.30
The BFI Film Audience Network
invite you to end your day (or start your evening) at EIFF with a drink and a blether with film exhibitors, Festival delegates and filmmakers.
Tuesday 27 June, Cineworld Fountain Park
(please note titles and exact timings of film screenings will be announced following 31 May)
- New Scottish film screening 1, 11.20 approx
- Exhibitors Lunch / Producers Presentations, 13.00-15.00
Scottish audiences are proving time and again that there is a strong appetite for films produced in Scotland and this years EIFF plays host to some of the best new films from and about Scotland. Come meet the producers and filmmakers behind these films and hear about their projects and plans over an informal lunch.
- New Scottish film screening 2, 15.30 approx
Wednesday 28 June, Cineworld Fountain Park
- New Scottish film screening 3, 11.10 approx
- New Scottish film screening 4, 16.00 approx
How to book
As part of EIFF’s seventieth anniversary year, the Festival is pleased to offer a limited number of complimentary Industry Passes, including travel bursaries, to FHS members. They are also offering additional discounted Industry Passes. This offer is supported through the Scottish Government’s Edinburgh Festivals Expo Fund and by Creative Scotland.
Please email Carolyn@filmhubscotland.com and indicate if you would like to:
- Access a discounted Industry Pass
- Access a complimentary Industry Pass and travel bursary
- Sign up for the FHS activity only
Please note the deadline for purchasing an EIFF Industry Pass at the Earlybird rate is 26 May.
Complimentary Industry Passes and bursaries are intended to support those who would be unable to attend otherwise. They will be allocated on a first-come, first-served needs basis.
EIFF Industry Pass: the benefits
Passes are for professionals working in film and media and offer access to industry screenings, events, networking and professional services from 21 June – 2 July, including all FHS activity. Discounted Industry Pass rates:
Industry Pass holders receive:
- Earlybird Full Festival Pass (until 26 May) £120
- Standard Full Festival Pass (from 27 May) £156
- Entry to Press and Industry screenings
- Entry to public screenings (subject to availability)
- Entry to live public events (subject to availability)
- Entry to Industry events
- Industry Centre access
- Festival bag, info pack and EIFF brochure
- Concession price for public screenings and events
- EIFF Industry & Press Guide
- EIFF 2017 Catalogue
- Videotheque access