Diversity and inclusion underpins every project undertaken by the BFI Film Audience Network (BFI FAN). We aim to bring British, international and independent film to audiences, regardless of any barriers they may face, placing access at the heart of our strategy.
We are excited to launch to our collective strategy designed to support audiences with additional needs. Over the coming months, we will provide:
Download and read the full
BFI FAN Inclusive Access Strategy
- An online resource which will act as a benchmark and go-to place for future activity,
- Toolkits and how-to guides to support film screenings, covering practicalities through to marketing ideas, and how to get the BFI Diversity Mark of Good Practice,
- Workshop and activity guides, Funding guidance for more ambitious projects,
- Partner contacts to provide expertise and support, Evidence to share with colleagues and funders,
- Training to build confidence when working with diverse groups,
- Networking opportunities to meet with peers who are running inclusive screenings,
- Awareness-raising programmes to build the visibility of inclusive cinema and to represent diversity on screen, Support to providers exploring new screening programmes.
Image: GLITCH 2017