We’re pleased to announce the keynote speakers and emerging themes for the third edition of This Way Up which takes place at Glasgow Film Theatre on 29 & 30 November 2016.
A two-day conference on film exhibition innovation, TWU16 will explore new ideas in audience behaviours, look at emerging trends, and discuss the future of cinema.
This year’s Keynote Speakers are:
- Bobby Allen – Vice President of Business Development at MUBI, a curated online cinema hosting cult, classic, independent, and award-winning movies. Bobby has previously worked for Celluloid Dreams, MTV Films Europe and Film Four Ltd.
- Johanna Koljonen – Swedish Broadcaster, Author, Critic and Media Analyst. Joanna is Editor of the Nostradamus Project, an annual report which predicts future trends in cinema consumption, exhibition and distribution.
- Dawn Walton – Founder/Artistic Director of Eclipse Theatre Company – the UK’s principal Black-led national touring company. With Eclipse Dawn recently launched Revolution Mix with the aim of provoking major change, tackling inequality and creating a lasting legacy.
The Keynote Speakers will present a quartet of provocation addresses to inspire and reflect on these core themes:
- The Problem of Abundance – Super-Saturated Cinema Audiences
- The Future of Storytelling – Virtual & Augmented Reality
- Hacking the Back Office – Design-Led Film Exhibition
- The Power of Place – Rural, Urban, Community & Pop-Up
The full line-up and schedule will be revealed in October but in the meantime book your Delegate Pass now!