We’re delighted to announce the eight participants taking part in the inaugural Step Ahead Mentorship Programme. This bespoke programme, delivered by the Centre for the Moving Image in partnership with Film Hub Scotland, was set up to support film exhibition professionals in Scotland to progress their careers and the overall sector.
This 7-month programme, funded by Creative Scotland’s Screen Skills Fund, will include one-to-one mentoring, work-shadowing, bursaries to attend festivals or venues for an inside look at how they operate, plus training and networking activities during Edinburgh International Film Festival 15-26 June 2016.
Mentors have been specially chosen to complement each participant’s career path and skills base, and will include representatives from across the exhibition sector.
The participants taking part in the programme are:
For more information on the participants please visit Edinburgh International Film Festival's website.
- Emma Mortimore, Freelance Producer (Hippodrome Festival of Silent Cinema)
- Grahame Reid, Film Programmer, Macrobert Arts Centre
- Marjolein den Bakker, Programme Coordinator, Centre for the Moving Image
- Morvern Cunningham, Freelance Producer (LeithLate, Glasgow Short Film Festival)
- Nosheen Khwaja, Artistic Director, Digital Desperados
- Richard Ashrowan, Creative Director, Alchemy Film Festival
- Robbie Duncan, A/V Tech, Glasgow Film
- Shona Thomson, Curator & Creative Producer, A Kind of Seeing