Film Hub Scotland membership is FREE and offers many benefits, including access to training, funding and networking opportunities.
We currently have 160 members – a range of cinemas, film societies, film festivals, multi-arts venues and pop-up initiatives – and we’re inviting any constituted organisation that offers public communal screenings to join.
Check out our eligibility criteria and benefits below.
If you fulfil the eligibility criteria, apply to become a member here.
- Sector-specific training opportunities and bursaries
- Access to FHS funding schemes
- Increased opportunities for networking – sharing ideas and exchanging information
- Collaboration on joint programming and audience development projects with greater ambition and reach than would be possible alone
- Offer of peer-to-peer mentoring and sharing of expertise through FHS and other UK Hubs
- Opportunities to take part in UK-wide initiatives with associated profile
- Advantageous to be part of joint bids to BFI Programme Development Fund
- Build stronger profile for the exhibition sector in Scotland through lobbying
- Influence decisions about how film funding is prioritised.
Eligibility for Membership
Membership is open to constituted organisations but not to individuals. All cinemas, film festivals, film societies, multi-arts venues and other organisations in Scotland that meet all the following criteria may become members:
- Working with audiences located in Scotland
- Committed to enabling regular screenings of specialised and independent British film as defined by the BFI
- Committed to enhancing opportunities for existing and new audiences to engage with and learn about specialised and/or independent British film and how it is made (through education events/projects, directors’ Q&As etc)
- Actively seeks community support to improve access to, and involvement with, film culture for audiences from all parts of Scotland, including those from equality groups and for people from less advantaged backgrounds
- Committed to high quality presentation of image and sound
- Believes the audience experience is paramount: trains employees and/or volunteers and manages its marketing, facilities and event presentations to put the audiences’ experience first.